2004 MJM Yachts 34z Downeast
Yacht price :
Just Listed! Nicely upgraded 34z that has benefited from regular updates and improvements, including a factory refit in the winter of 2013/14, and new deck non-skid in 2020.
Fully equipped with generator, thruster, air conditioning and upgraded electronics.
All pictures taken March 2020.
- MJM Yachts
- 34z Downeast
- Mamaroneck, NY, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- 4500 MB
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 34 ft - 10.36 meter
- 34 ft - 10.36 meter
- 11 ft - 3.35 meter
- Draft - max:
- 2 ft 6 in - 0.76 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 9 ft 6 in - 2.9 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- 29 MPH
- 403 MI
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 440 (Individual), 440 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 34 MPH
- Fuel Tank:
- 75 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 68 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Hull and Deck
- Epoxy "pre-preg" laminate with bi-axial E-glass and Baltek coring
- Deck including non-skid Awlgripped 2020
- Hull in Majestic Blue Awlgrip 2012/13
- Stidd helm seats (port/starboard) re-upholstered Nov. 2019
- New helm deck canvas 2013 (upgraded to 2008 spec with track system and zipper panels for ease of use)Teak & Thiokol helm deck decking
- Muir low profile electric anchor windlass with helm control and foot pedals at bow
- Lewmar 33 lb polished stainless steel plow anchor with 250' of chain & rode
- High pressure fresh water anchor wash down
- Transom door to swim platform with ladder & swim shower
- House top kayak tie down points 2013
- Fenders, docklines & PFD's
- Weaver davit system 2013
Propulsion and Steering
440 HP freshwater cooled Yanmar diesel with approximately 950 hrs. The engine was given a top end overhaul at 525 hours including valves, injectors and servicing of auxiliary components including heat exchanger, after cooler, alternator. Performance data recorded below taken at March 2020 sea trial
- 25 kt cruise at 2900 rpm; 29.5 kts WOT at 3300 rpm
- ZF electric engine controls 2013
- PSS dripless shaft seal (serviced 2012/13)
- Shark line cutter on shaft
- Seastar Hydraulic steering
- bow thruster with joystick control
- Bennett trim tabs with analog indicators
- Electric engine hatch lift with manual back-up
- Engine room lighting
- Dual Racor fuel filters
- Edson 24" teak wheel
- Teleflex hydraulic manual steering
- Raymarine e125 plotter and radar, 2013
- Raymarine i70 multi display, 2013
- Raymarine autopilot, 2013
- Icom M502 VHF with DSC
Wired for both 12 Volt DC and 110 Volt AC service. A 5.0 kw Westerbeke genset showing 321 hours as of 11/26/14, handles the heavier loads when off the dock while a Heart/Freedom 2000 watt inverter manages lighter loads.
12 Volt DC
Custom 19 breaker distribution panel
Digital volt & amp meters
140 amp alternator
2 4D AGM House/Inverter batteries 2014
1 Group 31 AGM engine start battery 2020
110 Volt System
Distribution panel with 11 breakers
Digital Volt & Amp meters
twin 30 amp shore power connection aft
Westerbeke 5 kw generator with approx. 450 hrs
two 50' 30 amp shore power cords
Water heater new 2013 (also supplied via the engine)
Heart/Freedom 2000 watt inverter/charger
- Climate control in cabin and helmdeck via MarineAir16k BTU air con with reverse cycle heating
- Large wrap-around lounge in 5" dual-density, bolstered and buttoned Ultraleather upholstery
- Octagonal saloon table in cherry on telescoping pedestal. Table drops to form huge double berth with 6'6" centerline length, 7' on the diagonal and width of 7' across the aft section (insert cushions included)
- Smaller spare folding saloon table interchangeable with above
- Gloss varnished teak & holly cabin sole that is removable for ease of maintenance..
- Privacy pull shades over hull, galley and head opening ports.
- Corian counter tops in galley, side table and head vanity in "Oyster"
- Hanging locker to port of companionway entrance with outboard storage shelves is closed off by inward swinging 2-section companionway door.
- Enclosed head/shower to starboard with countertop cabinet, enclosed locker under sink, towel rings (2) and shower-sump.
- Teak companionway steps with tool storage.
- Vacuflush freshwater head with 20 gallon holding tank, Y-valve, and overboard discharge pump
- microwave oven with 4 way cooking: bake/combo/microwave/broil.
- Recessed sink and stove with removable Corian cover fitting sink or stove recess.
- 5 cu. ft. top loading icebox with Seafrost 12v electric refrigeration w/2 ice trays, divider shelves, condiments rack, piston supported lid and drain to sump with strainer.
- Storage locker with shelf for pots/pans, rolled goods and cleaning supplies under sink. Flip panel to large Rubbermaid trash bin.
- General Ecology Seagull water purifier.
- Overhead stainless safety handrail doubles as towel drying bar.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.