2016 J Boats J/88
Yacht price :
Fully race-prepped J/88 with all of the upgrades and a winning record, including One Design regatta wins at:
2019 St Pete J/Fest
2019 Charleston Race Week
2019 American YC Spring Series
2019 Block Island Race Week
Turn-key package, ready to race and win. Trailer available for separate purchase.
- J Boats
- Mamaroneck, NY, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 29 ft - 8.84 meter
- 29 ft 2 in - 8.89 meter
- 9 ft 6 in - 2.9 meter
- Draft - max:
- 6 ft 6 in - 1.98 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- Max Speed:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Preliminary Listing - more details to follow.
One-Design class sail inventory including:
2019 North 3Di class main
2018 North 3Di class main
2019 North 3Di AP jib
2018 North 3Di AP jib
2018 North 3Di heavy jib
2017 North 3Di AP jib
2017 Doyle laminate AP jib
2015 Doyle heavy jib
2019 North A2
2019 North A4
2018 North A2
2017 North A2
2015 Doyle AP
Hall Spars carbon fiber mast
B&G Triton instrument package with 3 mast displays
Garmin plotter below
All running rigging upgraded (detailed spec coming soon)
Lee-cloths for settees
- J/88 hull & deck infusion molded with biaxial and unidirectional E-glass fabrics and balsa core in the hull for rugged durability and Corecell foam core in the deck for light weight. High density core material and additional glass reinforcements are placed in way of highly loaded hardware and components.
- Molded internal bulkheads and liners finished with gelcoat, bonded and/or tabbed to the hull and/or deck.
- White gelcoat hull with single bootstripe.
- 10 year transferable warranty against osmotic hull blistering, 5 year structural warranty.
- Infused GRP molded structural grid with longitudinal and transverse keel support beams.
- One large cockpit seat storage locker.
- Open transom for easy access with lightweight ORC transom safety ladder.
- High strength, inward turning and overlapping hull to deck joint bonded with structura ladhesive.
- White gelcoat deck with molded non-skid on horizontal decksurfaces.
- Molded ISO/ORC height foredeck toe-rails on deck.
- Large self-draining cockpit with molded secure helmsman foot braces in cockpit.
- 6.5' draft low VCG keel with lead ballast featuring molded GRP finish.
- Single point lifting bar located under center-line bilge access board in main salon.
ENGINE, STEERING & SYSTEMS:
- 14hp, two cylinder Yanmar 2YM15 diesel engine with 80amp alternator and Saildrive SD-20leg.
- Keyless start/stop engine panel and tachometer with fuel gauge, alarms and engine hour counter.
- Flexofold geared 2-bladed bronze folding prop.
- Engine single throttle control with neutral safety switch.
- Waterlock muffler with exhaust run aft to transom.
- 15 gal fuel tank.
- High aspect transom mounted rudder with custom SS gudgeon hardware.
- Custom molded composite tiller in white gelcoat finish.
- Spinlock EA 1200 adjustable tiller extension with handle.
- Cockpit operated manual bilge pump operable from the helm position plumbed to transom fitting.
- One AGM Group 27 battery (option for 2nd battery).
- 12V DC On/Off battery switch.
- 12V DC electrical distribution panel w/ 6 circuit breakers.
- LED navigation lights.
- UL approved stranded, tinned copper ABYC color-coded wiring.
- Bonding system to meet ABYC regulations.
- Two swiveling reading lights in main cabin.
- Two red/white dome lights.
- Two DC charging plugs.
- Automatic electric bilge pump and panel switch for manual operation
- Low maintenance stainless grab rails on cabin house(P&S).
- Companionway opening with PVC slider tracks, large gutter drains, molded seahood and sliding cover
- Acrylic offshore removable drop board with inside/outside lockable hasp
- SS custom fabricated chain plates for shrouds and headstay terminations
- Foredeck skylight hatch mounted on cabin house forward of the mast
- Two fixed cabin side portlights
- Two aluminum 2-speed 40:1 self-tailing primary winches in cockpit
- Two aluminum 2-speed 30:1 self-tailing secondary winches on cabin top
- Two 10" Lewmar OneTouch lock-in winch handles.
- Cockpit operated Harken adjustable jib car and 4:1 in-hauler systems toP&S.
- 6:1 Mainsheet system leading to ratchet block and cam mounted on centerline swivel cam base aft of traveler.
- 18:1 mainsheet fine-tune adjuster mounted to swivel base cam forward of traveler.
- Adjustable mainsheet traveler with 4:1 control line and cam cleats P &S.
- 24:1 Double ended backstay adjuster purchase system leading forward to P & S cam cleats.
- Internal bowsprit launching system to exit aft face of the cabin house to cam cleat.
- Harken underdeck headsail furling system with black anodized foil and control line on cabin side mounted cam cleat.
- Spinnaker tack line side mounted rope clutch mounted to starboard on cabin side.
- Spinnaker sheet blocks outboard of primary winches on stanchion bases and aft at stern rail.
- Halyard lead blocks mounted at mast base, halyard organizers and double Antal Vcam rope clutches one per side.
- SS stanchions, two SS stern rails at transom corners and custom SS bow rail with 9.5" lower lifeline height.
- SS double lifelines.
- Foredeck and transom mooring cleats
- SPARS & RIGGING:
- Hall Spars carbon fiber mast with double swept spreaders, long masthead crane and mainsail luff track. Deck step design and SS tabernacle system. Mast finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
- Boom with internal 8:1 outhaul, mainsheet attachment points, outhaul and single reef sheaves as well as provision for reef cleat and block at inboard end. Finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
- Carbon bow sprit with tack ferrule fitting, painted black finish. Bow sprit seal system mounted between sprit bearings.
- 1 x 19 compacted strand wire headstay & side rigging with adjustable open-body turnbuckles, and DSK78 Ultra Wire backstay.
- Complete Hall Spars running rigging package
- Molded main salon liner with full length settee berths, molded backrests, storage access bin in backrests and below cushions. Molded areas for sink (forward to port) and hinged utility counter (forward to starboard)
- Choice of fabrics for 3" standard main salon cushions.
- Teak and holly synthetic high-wear cabin sole in main cabin with centerline access to bilge.
- Igloo Cooler.
- Fabricated companionway ladder with teak treads.
- Molded V-berth and hull support liner. (Option for V-berth platform &cushions)
- Head compartment with Raritan PH-II WC, mirror, TP holder, gravity style holding tank and deck pump outfitting.
- Bin storage opposite head.
- Molded cockpit support liner surrounding engine and mechanicals with foam insulated engine area.
- Three engine access hatches
- Low maintenance painted gelcoat finish on all interior hull & deck surfaces.
- Black anodized aluminum compression post to transfer mast loads to internal hull structure.
- Opening ports on aft end of cabin facing the cockpit.
- Black Powder-coated stanchions &rails.
- Wide Opening lifeline gates (P&S).
- Comfort Group Package - boom cover with J/88 logo, two cockpit cushions, and 4 padded lifeline covers.
- Additional AGM Group 27 battery.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.