YACHT SALES – NY/CT AND NEWPORT, RI (TWO POSITIONS)
McMichael Yacht Brokers is adding to our team of yacht sales professionals.
Partner with an industry leader, representing the most established brands: J/Boats, MJM, Hanse, Dehler, and Amel. Our brokers are some of the most successful in the industry, thanks to our diverse portfolio of brands and strong support from our two boat yards and dedicated sales and service staff. You will be working with a respected, family-owned business that has been around since 1935. This is a 100% commission position, with an existing database to provide a head start and a six-figure earning potential.
We have an immediate opening in two locations:
- Rhode Island office, servicing all of RI plus eastern CT and southern MA
- Mamaroneck, NY office (Westchester County) servicing the NJ/NY/CT metro area
- Obtaining quality listings in the $100k-$1M range, sourced both independently and from within the existing McMichael database
- Being able to knowledgably represent and sell our full range of new boat lines: J/Boats, MJM, Hanse, Dehler and Amel
- Working with clients in the role of seller’s agent and buyer’s agent
- Advising on comps and other market analysis to price boats correctly and make informed offers when representing buyers
- Staffing boat shows throughout the year
- Participating as part of the McMichael team, including working with other brokers, sales support staff, and yard staff
Ideal candidate will have the following core strengths:
- Sales experience, ideally in a knowledge-intensive/consultative role
- Boating background and active participant in the boating community (racing, cruising, fishing etc)
- Comfortable operating boats
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Proven top-level written and oral communication skills
Working hours are unpredictable and some weekend and evening work is to be expected, but each broker sets his/her own hours.
Interested candidates, those looking for a career change, and established brokers are all encouraged to get in touch. Contact Michael Beers, firstname.lastname@example.org or (914) 381-5900.
McMichael Yacht Brokers is looking for a Saturday receptionist
McMichael Yacht Brokers and Yacht Yards employ over 35 people that continue to “provide good service in a friendly manner.” The second generation of the McMichael family, Howard McMichael, President, actively runs the business. Our service yards are widely recognized as one of the top choices in the East for laminate repair and offshore race outfitting. Our brokerage office is staffed by some of the most experienced and respected brokers and administration in the industry.
Join our team! McMichael Yacht Brokers is seeking a Front Desk Reception person for Saturdays 9am – 4pm.
The ideal candidate should have a professional appearance, be computer and phone savvy. The position requires greeting customers, answering phone calls, light filing. Boat knowledge a plus!
Salary commensurate with skills.
Please call 914-381-5900.
We look forward to working with you!
McMichael Yacht Yards looking to expand its work force
Marine Fiberglass Technician with min 5 years experience in all phases of fiberglass and gelcoat repairs. Experience in spray painting bottoms a plus. McMichael’s is well known for its structural fiberglass repairs and custom projects servicing the western part of Long Island Sound. Candidate must take pride in his/her work , be punctual and a team player. This is a year round positon. Job offers full benefits package with health insurance, 401k, paid vacation and holidays. Salary based on experience. Send resume or contact Peter MacKenzie , email@example.com or call 914-381-5900.