Marine Engine Mechanic
McMichael Yacht Yards has a full time position available for Marine Gas / Diesel Engine Mechanic. This a great career opportunity for the right individual to be part of the growing marine industry. The individual should have an understanding of a gas/ diesel engines and 12v DC systems and must have minimum five years experience with boat handling skills.
Under general supervision you would perform engine maintenance and repairs as well as service work and repairs of boat systems. Having certifications is a plus. Training and schools are offered to the right individual.
Person must be a team player and have their own hand tools. This position requires a person to be physical fit and be able to lift heavy objects. Excellent benefit package of vacation, medical and retirement.
McMichael Yacht Yard is a major dealer for new boats, new engines, and sells brokerage boats.
Visit our web site to learn more about the company. http://mcmichaelyachtbrokers.com
Contact @ Peter MacKenzie 914-381-5900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Marine Fiberglass Technician
Wanted with minimum 5 years experience in all phases of fiberglass and gel-coat repairs. Knowledge in spraying bottoms and topsides would be a plus. McMichael is well known for its structural fiberglass repairs and custom projects. Facilities have heated sheds for year-round repairs. Servicing both power and sailboats at two full-service yards in western Long Island Sound. McMichael is are also a boat dealer for many of the finest brands in our industry.
Candidate must take pride his/her work, be punctual and a team player. This is a full-time position with plenty of year round work. Job offers full benefit package with health insurance, 401k, paid vacation and holidays. Salary based on experience.
Company established in 1935. Great opportunity for the tight person! Visit our web site to learn more about the company. http://mcmichaelyachtbrokers.com
Contact email@example.com or call 914-381-5900.
YACHT SALES – NY/CT AND NEWPORT, RI (TWO POSITIONS)
McMichael Yacht Brokers is adding to our team of yacht sales professionals.
Partner with an industry leader, representing the most established brands: J/Boats, MJM, Hanse, Dehler, and Amel. Our brokers are some of the most successful in the industry, thanks to our diverse portfolio of brands and strong support from our two boat yards and dedicated sales and service staff. You will be working with a respected, family-owned business that has been around since 1935. This is a 100% commission position, with an existing database to provide a head start and a six-figure earning potential.
We have an immediate opening in two locations:
- Rhode Island office, servicing all of RI plus eastern CT and southern MA
- Mamaroneck, NY office (Westchester County) servicing the NJ/NY/CT metro area
- Obtaining quality listings in the $100k-$1M range, sourced both independently and from within the existing McMichael database
- Being able to knowledgably represent and sell our full range of new boat lines: J/Boats, MJM, Hanse, Dehler and Amel
- Working with clients in the role of seller’s agent and buyer’s agent
- Advising on comps and other market analysis to price boats correctly and make informed offers when representing buyers
- Staffing boat shows throughout the year
- Participating as part of the McMichael team, including working with other brokers, sales support staff, and yard staff
Ideal candidate will have the following core strengths:
- Sales experience, ideally in a knowledge-intensive/consultative role
- Boating background and active participant in the boating community (racing, cruising, fishing etc)
- Comfortable operating boats
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Proven top-level written and oral communication skills
Working hours are unpredictable and some weekend and evening work is to be expected, but each broker sets his/her own hours.
Interested candidates, those looking for a career change, and established brokers are all encouraged to get in touch. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914-381-5900.
McMichael Yacht Yards & Brokers Marketing Manager
Marketing manager will help define marketing and communication strategies for McMichael service yards and Brokerage sales organization, and be responsible for implementing them through our website, social media, advertising, events and public relations. The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong technical and editorial writing
- Exceptional interpersonal communication
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experienced with WordPress or similar platform for web publishing
- Experienced with email marketing campaign tools (Constant Contact)
- Able to maximize search engine optimization of website and social media
- Strong working knowledge of Google AdWords and Analytics
- Coordinating marketing efforts surrounding boat shows and seminars
- Comfortable shooting & editing short videos
- Must have a love of boating and interest in being on the water!
Interested candidates should send resume to email@example.com or call 914-381-5900.