Sell Your Boat
6 Brokers, 3 offices, 2 yards,
and 86 years of experience working for you
At McMichael, our team features experienced and dedicated professionals. Our brokers are knowledgeable, energetic boaters, having made a career of helping clients buy and sell boats. When you list your boat (or search for a new one) with McMichael, you are getting their collective and undivided attention, access to McMichael’s extensive data base of buyers and sellers, digital and print advertising - all supported by McMichael’s professional Sales Coordinator, Listing Secretary, After-sales Manager and two highly respected service yards at the ready to assist.
Strong Digital Footprint
Full YachtWorld participation for global exposure, including:
- Enhanced ads to make your boat stand out in crowded results pages
- Re-marketing campaigns to advertise your boat on other sites
- Select Featured and Display campaigns on the Yachtwold.com home page
- Our own dynamic website (www.mcmichaelyachtbrokers.com), hosting your listing and other useful information for the boating community
- Email marketing campaigns for all listings, broadcast to our entire database of buyers around the world
- A growing social media following on Facebook and Instagram, including sponsored posts for select listings
Three Locations in the Heart of the Boating World
- Maximum foot traffic at our three locations in boating hubs: Westchester County, Huntington (North Shore Long Island) and Newport
- Participation in local and national boat shows including Newport, Annapolis, Norwalk, Steelpointe, and more
- Brokerage display at our Mamaroneck yards offering “one stop shopping” for buyers
Other Key Benefits
- Print advertising in local and national publications including SAIL, Windcheck, Soundings, and more
- Pre-listing inspection and staging/detailing services at highly competitive rates
- Full yard support at our Mamaroneck yards (power and sail)
- Co-brokerage with all reciprocating firms at no additional charge to you
- Discounted storage programs for winter/summer in our brokerage display
- Regatta sponsorship and industry partnerships
For complete listing info or to find out what your boat is worth, click HERE.
MCMICHAEL SUMMER SALES PLAN
Arrival Date: May 1 to September 30
(All boats must be listed with McMichael Yacht Brokers as Central Agency Listings)
Cost $22.00/ft. Includes hauling for land display or space at our brokerage float (at our option), bottom pressure washing and blocking. Boats in the water will not be run or used other than for a sea trial with owner’s permission prior to each sea trial. Owner MUST remove and store sails below or the yard will remove the sails and the owner will be charged. (Severely fouled bottoms will be charged T&M.)
Boats not under contract by October 15 will be launched at no charge or they may stay for winter storage at prevailing rates. If you stay for the winter, a $5.00/ft. credit on the winter storage charge will be given, provided that the customer account is current and the yard is in receipt of a Winter Reservation Form and accompanying $500 deposit prior to October 15.
Boats under contract on October 15 must leave the yard prior to October 31 to avoid winter storage charges.
The Summer Storage is offered for one summer only. Thereafter, listed boats remaining on-the-hard will be required to pay the prevailing Summer Storage Rate.
Contact McMichael today to include your boat in the Summer Sales Program.
MCMICHAEL WINTER STORAGE REBATE PROGRAM
McMichael offers a Winter Storage Rebate Program for brokerage clients that want to sell their boats over the winter. Our brokerage display is the best way to maximize your exposure in the marketplace. By offering “One Stop Shopping” to prospective buyers, your boat gets shown far more often, and to a much broader range of potential buyers. It is quite common for us to sell a client a boat in our display that was not even on their list until we invited them aboard.
The Winter Storage Rebate Program is available to qualifying listings selling for $100,000 or more. Boats over 42’ are taken on a case-by-case basis due to hauling constraints; contact a broker.
The Winter Storage Rebate applies to the cost of winter storage calculated by multiplying the per-foot rate for winter storage times the LOA of the boat. Additional services, including decommissioning and commissioning, are not eligible for the rebate. Prior to hauling, McMichael mechanics will winterize engines, heads, electronics, and water systems. Flat rate winterization charges apply and are payable within 30 days of completion. If you have not received the complete Winter Storage agreement, please contact your broker or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the vessel is still on the market in the spring, there are three options:
- Launch boat for your personal use – McMichael will honor the rebate if the boat is under agreement within 30 days after launch
- Leave the boat on-the-hard; if all winter billing is paid in full, summer storage is at NO CHARGE through Sept. 15th.
- The Summer Storage is offered for one summer only. Thereafter, listed boats remaining on-the-hard will be required to pay the prevailing Summer Storage Rate.
McMichael reserves the right to ask you to remove your boat from our yard after May 31 if the boat is not priced competitively in the marketplace.
Commission to McMichael
Winter Storage Rebate Level
$10,000 - $14,999
$15,000 - $24,999
$25,000 - $31,999
$32,000 or higher
Note: The rebate is based on the net commission to McMichael, which can be reduced to 5% if the boat is co-brokered with an outside firm (i.e. another brokerage firm is acting as the buyer’s broker). Winter storage must be paid in full; the rebate will be paid by check after closing.
Contact McMichael if you would like an electronic version of the Winter Storage Rebate Program sent to you.
Yacht Sales Professionals – YSPs (brokers, dealers, salespeople) nationwide have a benchmark for measuring their skills, abilities and performance, while enhancing their marketing value. Boat sellers and buyers are in a better position to select qualified, competent sales professionals with confidence and trust. The Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) program has made this dream a reality.
What is a Certified Professional Yacht Broker?
Thanks to the joint efforts of the Yacht Brokers Association of America (YBAA), International Yacht Brokers Association (IYBA), Northwest Yacht Brokers Association (NYBA), California Yacht Brokers Association (CYBA), Boating Ontario Dealers, Gulf Coast Yacht Brokers Association (GCYBA) and British Columbia Yacht Brokers Association (BCYBA), over 550 YSPs have earned the CPYB designation, with another 100 applicants now preparing for the exam.